Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jericho Needed "The Preacher"

I am happy to live in "the bushes" (thank you for that phrase, Buba Misawa) for many reasons. One of those reasons is the amazing craftsmanship readily available for a reasonable price. Our dining room table and TV stand came from Amos, a Mennonite, and our dining room benches came from Eli, an Amish guy. They're well-built, beautiful, and great conversation starters.

Our recent showcase of local talent is our dining room ceiling. Thanks to a leaky upstairs shower and the resulting hole cut up through the first-floor ceiling, we had a rectangular peephole to repair. Once the hole was patched, The Preacher swirled a design into the mud. Yes, I know him only as The Preacher. Both our plumber and our drywall guy - two separate men - referred him to us by this name. He's tall and lanky with an authoritative voice; helpful, I'm sure, if he really is or was a preacher. Who knows? I just know he works a mean design into some drywall mud.

And because I'm obligated as a proud mom to take every chance I get, please take a minute and vote for Silas in My Baby's the Cutest Contest. He could win a $200 savings bond, which will help defray the cost for taking one of Dr. Misawa's classes. Or at least the cost of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment