Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PeaFOUL

Yesterday, I wrote about the pressure to have life events worth discussing online. Clearly that pressure is even stronger than I thought because last night, I had a DREAM about this blog.

Seriously. How wacko is THAT?

Admittedly, I've been having some strange dreams lately. Last week, I dreamt that my friend Julie had a beard. "Wow, she looks like a man," my dream self thought when I saw her. However, we were on a vacation together and she had brought TWO boyfriends along. "Maybe," I was then thinking in my dream, "I should grow a beard, too...?" I blame the baby and his night wakings for these weird subconscious revelations. And the amounts of caffeine I drink to avoid falling asleep while changing diapers. And Weight Watchers and the obsessive counting fool they've made me.

My dreams from last night are a bit hazy, but there was something about a man wearing a onesie to a bachelor party, a mouse that lived in my kitchen wall and ate my Ziploc baggies, and an ex-boyfriend in a leather jacket (and yet somehow THAT was the oddest part of my dream).

Oh, yeah...and there was a peacock that my mom pulled out of her pocket. Only it wasn't a peacock at first...it was a brown suede wallet that transformed into a peacock when she unfolded it. The first thing I thought when the wallet popped open to reveal the peacock was definitely not "WTF?" Instead, it was, "Well now, THIS is something worth writing about!"

I'm losing it. However, I think this might justify adding a few more Weight Watchers points to my daily total. Sorry, Christian - breastfeeding AND insane means I now have significantly more points than you to work with...looks like my bedtime bowl of ice cream is back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment